The main point of entry is at 4+ years, but children are welcome to join the school in the term in which they attain their 4th birthday, and to any year group if a place is available.
Enquiries for admission should be made to our Registrar. A child can be registered at any time after birth by completing the Registration Form. Registration costs £50 per child.
Enquiries and Visits
Enquiries for admission should be made to the Head Teacher.
A visit gives you the opportunity to meet the staff and children, and to discuss your hopes for your child with the Head Teacher. You can arrange a visit to the school at any time, alternatively, we hold several Open Days throughout the year when you are welcome to come and see us in action.
When offering a place, preference will be given to those who registered earliest and those with siblings at the School.
Children for entry in all year groups are invited to an informal assessment. This is to ensure that our expectations of them are fair for when they join us. We may also ask for a report from the child’s current Nursery School or school.
Our fees are the same for all year groups.
A deposit of £200 is payable upon acceptance of an offer of a place at the School; this deposit will be off-set against fees for your child’s first term at The Cedars. The deposit is non-refundable should your child not take up the place without giving a full term’s notice as per the school’s Terms and Conditions.
Fees: January 2021 fees are £3,250 per term. This equates to £812.50pcm. This is applicable to all year groups. There is a discount of 7.5% for siblings.
Our fees are the same across all year groups.
Up to the age of 5 years, children are eligible for the Nursery Grant.
The School is a member of the West Berkshire Early Years Development and Childcare Partnership.
Membership allows The Cedars School to offer 3 and 4 year old children the Government Nursery Grant.
- After receipt of the prospectus, please do come and visit us so that you can experience the atmosphere, meet the staff and see the high standards. Just telephone the school for an appointment or join us at one of our Open Days.
- Registration of your child can be at any time before or after your visit, by completing our registration form.
- Once registered, your child is entered on the list for possible entry at your preferred entry date.
- Depending on the age of entry the following procedures will occur approximately a year before your son or daughter is due to join.
- All year groups: An assessment will take place, appropriate to the age of the child. On satisfactory completion of this assessment, a place may be formally offered. A waiting list operates once all places have been allocated.
- Once a place has been offered and accepted, we will arrange school visit dates.
- We reserve the right to vary the entry procedures and assessments at any time after registration has taken place. Click here to view the School’s Terms and Conditions; it is a comprehensive document that is legally binding, reflecting agreed and established good practice.