This term we will be following a flexible curriculum to ensure that any learning gaps encountered due to lockdown can be covered.
- Where are there rainforests?
- What is a rainforest?
- What animals & plants are found in a rainforest?
- Who lives & works in rainforests?
- Name continents
Hot & cold climates
Human and physical features
- The seaside (study: Isle of Struay)
Geographical Skills and Fieldwork
- Field work
- Maps; UK, World, compass work, routes
Years 5 and 6
Geography is taught for 2 out of the 3 terms
Location Knowledge – Europe
- Name & locate countries
- Coasts, rivers & mountains
- Land Patterns
- Compare with Britain
Local Study (linked to History)
- Aldermaston & Ufton Court
- Human & physical features
- Map sketching, plans, graphs
- Digital technologies