Inspection, November 2019
The Cedars School is inspected by the Independent Schools Inspectorate and our inspection in November 2019 was formed of 2 parts:
The Regulatory Compliance Inspection and The Educational Quality Inspection.
We are delighted that the report highlighted the many strengths of our school, including the above average attainment of our pupils, their excellent behaviour and positive attitudes, and the nurturing and supportive relationships they have with each other and staff, reflecting the strong family ethos of the school.
Here are some of the comments the inspectors made of which we are particularly proud:
- ‘Attainment above average in relation to national age – related expectations.’
- ‘The school fulfils its aim to prepare pupils for the next stage in life.’
- ‘Pupils’ ability to express themselves clearly and confidently in speech, conversation and debate is excellent.’
- ‘Pupils develop a high level of self-confidence; show positive attitudes towards their education; they enjoy the chance to show initiative and independence in their learning.’
- ‘The behaviour and moral understanding of pupils throughout the school is excellent.’
- Pupils show strong social awareness and their social development and collaboration is excellent.’
The full report can be found here.